Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blog host

So, I'm trying to figure out how to host my own blog. Steve Pavlina suggests that I host it with its own domain name, using this domain provider Pair, and ServInt VPS using wordpress. It sounds like a brilliant idea, but I'm not too familiar with PHP.

Since I'm already very familiar with Java and JSP etc, I was wondering if there exists some sort of WordPress for java. Apparently there is, or I can get a free account at WordPress itself, but then they get all of the ad revenue.

My sister-in-law has her own blog called theliteratemother.org that is hosted on wordpress as well. It seems to be pretty cool, and maybe more like what I'm looking for.

Otherwise, I'm looking at spending at least $50/month to host it where Steve Pavlina suggests. I.e. ServInt.

Seems like I should at least as Bridget where she hosts hers, I suppose.