Wednesday, December 9, 2009

drag-select controls inside container

I just wrote up my pet peeve:

The other thing I wish Mockups would do is give me an easy way to select the stuff inside of a dialog box, or other container. I.e. when I want to select the items in a dialog, I often end up selecting the container instead. I think it would be a little nicer to make the insides of the dialog box not so clickable. Maybe just the edges of the dialog box clickable would be well enough, then I could group select the controls inside.

This is meant to solve my problem, but in my latest version of Mockups, this doesn't work. When I shift drag, I don't get a lasso at all. In fact, it just appears to annoy me. Also, I liked the smiley face application icon in my task bar better. the one you got there now doesn't really look like anything.

in reference to:

"holding SHIFT when the mouse is over some controls will ignore them so that you can drag-select other controls. This is a small change but it’s pretty handy, here’s a quick video demonstration:"
- Balsamiq Company Blog (view on Google Sidewiki)